Saturday, August 6, 2011

new table gets to work

Another fantastic table from the Marshall Ray building clean up....and some dancing sticks are the first things brought to life on it....Rainy saturday afternoon and John comes by to stabalize the pedestals on the work table...
Ever since I was a little girl trees and sticks have looked like dancing people to me...the heads and attachments are paperclay...I dont "see" someone in just any stick...the stick usually jumps out at me. Trees are always reaching reaching for the sun and air...optimistic role models i think...Sometimes I wrap the sticks in vintage hankies...sometimes not...this batch is a natural batch...just some inks and mica powders, the essence of stick is not obscured at all....






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment